NEW ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES (ASTs) SIGNED ON OR AFTER 1 JUNE 2019
The following charges are payable or potentially payable by a tenant:
- Holding deposit – A maximum of one week’s rent (This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
- Security deposit – One month’s rent + £100, rising to six week’s rent when the annual rent is in excess of £50,000.
- Rent and Utility bills – Payable as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Unpaid rent – Interest at 3% above the Bank of England base rate, as outlined in the Tenancy Agreement (Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears).
- Lost Keys – Tenants are liable for reasonable costs incurred for the loss of any keys or security devices, including a change of lock or replacement of device if required.
- Amendments of Tenancy Agreement at Tenant’s Request – £50 per change.
- Early Surrender of the AST at Tenant’s Request – Should a tenant need to surrender the tenancy early and the Landlord agrees to re-let the property, the liability for the payment of rent will end once a new tenant is found and takes up occupation. However, the tenant will still be liable to cover reasonable costs that have been incurred by landlord or agent in surrendering the tenancy and re-letting of the property. This will not exceed the remaining rent of the term of the tenancy.
Non-AST’s signed on or after 1st June 2019
For any individual tenant not renting a property under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy the following charges are also payable:
- Tenancy Administration charge – £180 per tenancy
- Reference charge – £60 per tenant or guarantor
- Check-in charge – £144 per tenancy
- Renewal charge – £144 per renewal
If a tenant decides to rent a property through us in the name of a business or company the tenancy administration and reference charge will be £500 for a new tenancy and £240 for every renewal.
Please note – all prices are inclusive of VAT.
Client Money Protection (CMP)
This gives our clients peace of mind and financial protection that their money will always be safe in our hands.
As a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) for sales and lettings we promise to TPO’s code of practices code of practice.
Our clients have peace of mind that there is free and fair redress available in the unlikely event of an unresolved dispute involving our agency.